Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dreams

Dreams. They can be delightful, full of happiness, joy, full of hopes and accomplishments, of wants and needs, but also of sadness, disappointment, grieving, of failures and death, and full of despare. Dreams. What do they show you? Through their moods and visions? They take you into a whole new world altogether and drop you there and you alone can dig through and find the answers to the questions that this dream, in particular has brought to your mind. But what is their purpose? I am so curious because I am a girl whose dreams go wild and they take me to completely alternate dimensions, where sometimes I find happiness. But I have found that I can never quite understand my own dreams. My friend, she has these...curious(?) dreams. One time three of us jumped off of a cliff together (in her dream, of course) and flew through the clouds of London. She said that it is the best dream she has ever had. When I was just four years old, I had a dream about my father. We used to live in an apartment then. In my dream, I was standing in the middle of two pillars a couple apartments away from ours. My dad was standing in the middle of an opening with a ZipLoc bag around his head. He is making these movements to show that he can't breathe. I was just four, I had no clue what was going on or why my dad couldn't breathe, but somehow I knew that he was dying... suffocating. I try to run to him but I can't, my legs stand frozen. I tell him to unzip the bag and take it off, but he can't, he's trying, but he can't. The dream stops there, but you can't deny that for a four year old little girl this dream can be devastating. It was a nightmare. So the question remains. Why do we have these dreams? What is the purpose? Scientists might think they know the answer, or are close, but I don't think they are. This has nothing to do with science. Or does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment