Monday, June 28, 2010

'Knight and Day' plus some major competition

Since on the title, Knight and Day comes first, I guess I'll talk about that before I talk about some major competition here in Texas.

I watched Knight and Day today with one of my best friends. Mom and Dad went to see it on sunday, leaving me home alone on the flat couch watching NCIS. Dad said that it was a bad movie. Not at all Tom Cruise like. Boring. Mom said it was a fun movie but wouldn't go for oscars. My opinion: It was a GREAT movie. I wouldn't nominate it for oscars but on my scale of 1-100 I would give it a 92. That's pretty good. It was full of humor, action, suspense, surprises, epiphanies, and MOST surprising of all: it was CLEAN. No naked people, no sex. Just a couple kisses between Cruise and Diaz, plus one part where Cameron Diaz was in a bikini, and 3 crude jokes. I recommend it to all of you out there! Watch and tell me: What do you think about the movie? And what do you think about the actors?

Competition between best friends is not a cool thing. It lingers in your mind for multiple hours of multiple days which might go on into multiple weeks of wondering: Why is she mad? Why is she jealous? Why is she not talking to me? Why is she acting this way? Why hasn't she called back yet? Why hasn't she returned my texts or my emails? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? What is this about? I have multiple best friends. During summer, I plan to go to a movie, at least once, with each of them. (One down, 1..2..3..4..5 to go!) I planned to go see 'Grown Ups' with Shannon sometime in July (the date isn't set yet). Carrie heard about this and said,"Well, what about me?"
I told her that I'd go see a different movie with her, "...after all, I can't do everything with you."
She agreed and said, "You're right."
*Fast forward: the next day:* Carrie calls me and says, "I'm going to see Grown Ups with Jenna tomorrow." And she says it in that voice, the that's right, i have other friends too voice.

I think she's hurt, jealous that I would make plans with Shannon and not her. And I understand that she would be. What do you think? Why is she acting this way? Do you understand her?

No comments:

Post a Comment