Monday, July 26, 2010

How to Annotate a Book

I started reading my book for English I Great American Short Stories and it turned out not to be that bad. The stories are actually pretty interesting and I'm already almost done reading it! I just have 8 - 10 pages left. But, there's a problem. The assignment isn't just to read the book, I have to annotate it. I remember doing a little bit during school last year, but I lost all my notes and surprisingly, so did ALL my friends.

I stared blankly into the page and thought really hard. I remember, you have to highlight something, underline, circle, make notes in the margins. But what? What do you highlight? What do you make notes about? I don't know. It bothered me for a long time. Then it hit me: Look it up on the internet. So, I did. And I found all my answers on 8 pages. If you need help annotating a book, here's the link to How to Annotate in your English class: http://www.lex5.k12.sc.us/files/39696/How%20to%20Annotate%20in%20Your%20English%20Class.pdf

I hope I helped :)

No comments:

Post a Comment