Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Over-Summer Assignements

Next year is my first year of High School. I'll be a Freshman, or as the rest of the High School likes to call us: Fish. At the end of my eighth grade school year, my Spanish I teacher gave me a packet with two papers stapled together and said, "This is due on the first day of school, good luck." I read the packet and for Spanish II Pre-AP/IB, you have to make a video/powerpoint/poster about yourself. The highest grade you can get is 100/93/100. There's about 40 days left till school, and I have just written out what I am going to say to the camera.

Then, I got a piece of paper in 6th Period English. Next year for, GT/Phoenix English I, I have to read and annotate 6 stories from Great American Short Stories by Wallace and Mary Stegner. There's only about 40 days of summer left and I've read the first 3 pages of the book.

I don't know what to do. It's summer and I'm in no mood to talk in Spanish or read about Rip Van Winkle. There's so much more to do! But I still have to do the assignments. I keep pushing it off saying "I'll do it tomorrow." or "I'll start it tomorrow." and tomorrow just never comes. There's always something better to do. And not enough time to do everything. Maybe if I start getting up earlier and I have more time to do things then I can do the assignments. Maybe.

Right after I post this, I'm going to go and start reading Great American Short Stories by Wallace and Mary Stegner. But it's already 3:37 which gives me 1 hour until I have to get ready for swimming. Again, I'll have no choice but to push it off until later.

1 comment:

  1. Very rightly said.. "tomorrow never comes". So follow what a 15th century Indian saint, Kabir said - "Kal kare so aaj kar, aaj kare so ab". Translates as "Do whatever you were supposed to do tomorrow, today; and do whatever you are supposed to do today, now".

    ReplyDelete