Friday, July 2, 2010

Hurricane

In my previous post Power Out, I told you about a power outage that occured here in Texas. Well, I volunteer at a Library for NJHS hours and I'm working in a Poetry Workshop and so I am required to write a poem as an example for all the students. I wrote about a Hurricane getting the ideas from the storm that raged through our town a few days ago.

Hurricane

The dark night,
It sways the trees.
Your mind in fright,
The harshness of the breeze.

It kills the light,
It darkens your mind.
You are afraid tonight,
For your eyes are blind.

You see nothing but the rain,
The storm raging through your town.
You see nothing but the vein,
On your forehead throbbing about.

You sit in the corner,
Alone by yourself.
The storm is a dancer,
It dances around you and itself.

- I can fly

No comments:

Post a Comment